Thank you for considering to contribute to Cliquet!
No contribution is too small; we welcome fixes about typos and grammar bloopers. Don’t hesitate to send us a pull request!
Open a pull-request even if your contribution is not ready yet! It can be discussed and improved collaboratively, and avoid having you doing a lot of work without getting feedback.
Setup your development environment¶
To prepare your system with Python 3.4, PostgreSQL and Redis, please refer to the Installation guide.
You might need to install curl, if you don’t have it already.
Prepare your project environment by running:
$ make install-dev
$ pip install tox
On OSX especially you might get the following error when running tests:
$ ValueError: unknown locale: UTF-8
If this is the case add the following to your ~/.bash_profile:
export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
$ source ~/.bash_profile
Currently, running the complete test suite implies to run every type of backend.
- Run Redis on
- Run a PostgreSQL 9.4
postgres/postgres. The database encoding should be
UTF-8, and the database timezone should be
Run a single test¶
For Test-Driven Development, it is a possible to run a single test case, in order to speed-up the execution:
nosetests -s --with-mocha-reporter cliquet.tests.test_views_hello:HelloViewTest.test_returns_info_about_url_and_version
Definition of done¶
In order to have your changes incorporated, you need to respect these rules:
- Tests pass; Travis-CI will build the tests for you on the branch when you push it.
- Code added comes with tests; We try to have a 100% coverage on the codebase to avoid surprises. No code should be untested :) If you fail to see how to test your changes, feel welcome to say so in the pull request, we’ll gladly help you to find out.
- Documentation is up to date;
If you want to discuss with the team behind Cliquet, please come and join us
- Because of differing time zones, you may not get an immediate response to your question, but please be patient and stay logged into IRC — someone will almost always respond if you wait long enough (it may take a few hours).
- If you don’t have an IRC client handy, use the webchat for quick feedback.
- You can direct your IRC client to the channel using this IRC link or you can manually join the #storage IRC channel on the mozilla IRC network.