- Acronym for Create, Read, Update, Delete
- An endpoint handles a particular HTTP verb at a particular URL.
- «Extensible» means that the component behaviour can be overriden via lines of code. It differs from «pluggable».
- Firefox Accounts
- Account account system run by Mozilla (https://accounts.firefox.com).
- «Keep it simple, stupid» is a design priciple which states that most systems work best if they are kept simple rather than made complicated.
- «Pluggable» means that the component can be replaced via configuration. It differs from «extensible».
- A resource is a collection of records.
- user id
A string that identifies a user. By default, Cliquet uses a HMAC on authentication credentials to generate users identifications strings.
- The data that is stored into Cliquet. Objects usually match the resources you defined; For one resource there are two objects: resource’s collection and resource’s records.
- When a record is deleted in a resource, a tombstone is created to keep
track of the deletion when polling for changes. A tombstone only contains
last_modifiedfields, everything else is really deleted.
- An entity that can be authenticated. Principals can be individual people, computers, services, or any group of such things.
- An action that can be authorized or denied. read, write, create are permissions.
Access Control Entity
- An association of a principal, an object and a permission. For instance, (Alexis, article, write).
Access Control List
- A list of Access Control Entities (ACE).